Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) is the recommended technology for creating modern Windows desktop apps. Whether you want to develop traditional user interfaces or integrate 3D graphics, audio/video, animation, dynamic skinning, touch, rich document support, speech recognition, or more, WPF enables you to do so in a seamless, resolution-independent manner that scales from small tablets to large TVs. WPF 4.5 Unleashed is the authoritative book that covers it all, in a practical and approachable fashion, authored by WPF guru and Microsoft architect Adam Nathan.
• Covers everything you need to know about Extensible Application Markup Language (XAML).
• Examines the WPF feature areas in incredible depth: controls, layout, resources, data binding, styling, graphics, animation, and more.
• Delves into topics that aren’t covered by most books: 3D, speech, audio/video, documents, effects.
• Shows how to create popular UI elements and leverage built-in controls such as the new Office-style Ribbon.
• Demonstrates how to create sophisticated UI mechanisms, such as Visual Studio-like collapsible/dockable panes.
• Explains how to create first-class custom controls for WPF.
• Demonstrates how to create hybrid WPF software that leverages Windows Forms, DirectX, ActiveX, or other non-WPF technologies.
• Explains how to exploit desktop features, such as Jump Lists and taskbar customizations, and the same toast notifications used by Windows Store apps.